Tuele Hospital

Thursday 31 January 2019

Travel


Today we set off on our second Tanzanian mini-break! I think it is fair to say that we all are in need of such things. For this trip, we are combining some business and pleasure!

After our 7 hour bus journey north, today we have come to Moshi, the town that sits at the bottom of the impressive Mount Kilimanjaro. Tomorrow I am going to visit KCMC Hospital, our ‘local’ zonal hospital. I am really interested to see this institution for myself, one I have heard so much about.

Then we will be heading up to Arusha for the weekend to stay with some friends that we met on the coast. They are the anglo-franco-danish ex-pat family with children similar ages to ours. On Monday I am then to meet with the CEO of a massive company who amongst other things manufacture mosquito netting. It is the only potential way to source the hernia mesh from within Africa, but given how specific the requirements are, equally it might not work out.

Following that meeting, we will then return to Moshi on Monday afternoon. After climbing many proverbial mountains in Africa, it only seems appropriate to give the ‘real thing’ a go. So early on Tuesday, my eldest daughter (11) and I will be heading off to one of the Kilimanjaro National Park entry gates, from where we will attempt a 6 day excursion to scale the mountain. Exciting stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment